October 7, 2015

On My Mind


Let’s take five minutes and talk about 5 things on my mind.

1. Do Not Disturb Have you ever wondered what that little half-moon icon on the iPhone swipe up menu is? It’s basically the greatest unknown feature. It silences all your annoying alerts and notifications. I’ve been turning it on before bed and at work when I need to focus. The alarm still works and you can still receive calls, but now I don’t have to hear that infamous ding at 3am because Old Navy decided to have a flash sale.

2. Oily Hair Bootcamp Apparently there’s a workout regime for your oily hair woes. By strategically scheduling your shampoos, you can actually train your hair to be less oily. Warning: it involves going no poo for four days and includes an apple cider rinse. Not for the faint of heart, but I may give it a go and report back.

3. Sweater Weather I made the first addition to my sweater collection this fall and I couldn’t be more thrilled. I found a merino wool pullover sweater on sale at Madewell. It’s thin, but still cozy. Plus, it’s dry clean only which basically means I’ll never have to wash it (and therefore ruin it).

4. A Little R&R I was fascinated by an op-ed in the NYT about one man’s take on the importance of quality time. He argues that longer, more focused together time is crucial for relationship growth, and that it’s worth the time and the money. I couldn’t agree more and would love to take a week vacation (or staycation) every quarter to spend quality time with the people I love.

5. Reality Check Does anyone else ever feel like their wants are unproportional to their needs? Yesterday I caught myself on the verge of dropping $25 on a gold fruit bowl. I am fortunate enough to have most of my needs met, so why I thought I needed this strange item is beyond me. I mean I should at least wait until it's on sale, right?

0 comments:

Post a Comment