February 7, 2019

12.18

After finally feeling a little more like myself from last month's cold, I was ready to bring on the holiday spirit. Several holiday parties were attended, and lots of relaxing ensued over a much needed week-long holiday break.




December 2018


Tommy's BIRTHDAY
Tommy's birthday falls right around the corner from mine, and as much as he doesn't really "do" birthdays, I always try to make the most of it. This year we celebrated with massages (for the second year now, so thinking this just may be a thing now which I'm 100% on board with), dinner at Q39 (never disappoints) and an ice cream cake with those big ol' numbered candles.

Holiday parties
Savannah and I attended the BBBS holiday party which is always fun. The KC organization goes all out, and their hard work is evident in the amount of smiles from all the kids that attend.

I attended my first holiday party with my new department which was fun and a nice way to get to know co-workers a little better. Plus it was at Boulevard so that's always a win.

Tommy's work holiday party was so much fun this year. It was a Top Chef inspired cooking challenge at a cooking school. All of us were split into small teams and were responsible for making a dish for the meal we'd enjoy at the end. It was so much more enjoyable than sitting around a big table making small talk.

Right before heading home for break, we finally made it to the pop-up Christmas bar Miracle downtown at the Rockhill. It was well worth the wait (and the bill) because it was the perfect send off for maximum holiday spirit.

Naperville
My family traveled to Naperville for Christmas. It was fun as always. Max even stayed for a few extra days! Tommy's parents and my parents were able to meet and have dinner together. I finally got to go to the Christkindlmarket, and we went to a brewery, a movie, and a fun tapas restaurant. It was just what I needed after a few very hectic months at work during our busiest season.


BOOKS
When Life Gives You Lululemons – Anyone who enjoyed The Devil Wears Prada in the slightest needs to read this. Of course you can't imagine Emily any other way than as Emily Blunt, and it's almost some much needed closure learning how her life played out post Runway.

The Hating Game – A classic love story between two people who seemingly hate each other. The dynamics of their workplace relationship is hilarious, and watching it unfold is both painful and sweet.

The Last Time I Lied – I was pretty captivated by this one. I basically finished it in a day, and was sure I had things all figured but was continuously surprised as the thrilling, eerie story unfolded.



0 comments:

Post a Comment