April 6, 2018

03.18

This year is flying by. How did March come and go? The weather finally started to feel like Spring, and I couldn’t be happier. I am just not a cold-weather gal, and I’m so ready for consistently warm weather. This month was busy, but fun and productive. [Note: I wrote this a few weeks ago, and it has since reverted back to winter weather.]




March 2018


Boulevard Smokestack Tour
Earlier this year at Sunday Bingo Tommy and I won a gift basket at Boulevard that included 2 tickets for the Smokestack Tour. We redeemed it on a Sunday afternoon after brunch and had such a good time. Our tour guide was highly entertaining, and we got to see and learn about things that the normal tour doesn’t cover. Plus we got a beer and food pairing that highlighted some of the Smokestack brews along with some delicious local treats.

Wedding Shower
I spent a quick weekend in the burbs to celebrate Josh and Donna at their wedding shower. Of course the shower was perfect, I wouldn’t have expected anything less. The weekend was short and sweet, but always fun getting together with the fam.

Tommy's Fam
Tommy’s parents, sister, and sister’s boyfriend were in town at the end of the month for Easter. It’s always fun to have them in town, and they got to experience KC at it’s coldest. The weekend kicked off with the girls having brunch outside at Gram and Dun, but by the end of the day we were freezing our booties off at the Royals game. And then after brunch on Sunday, it snowed. WTF, KC.

FUN
I went to my first basketball game(s) at the Sprint Center for the Big 12 tournament. Savannah and I went to a matinee to see A Wrinkle In Time, and it exceeded my expectations having not read the book. Tommy and I walked through a few houses as I toy with the idea of buying a house.

BOOKS
Watch Me Disappear – Not going to lie, this one left me emotionally drained and wishing for an alternate ending. But the author is brilliant and knew that the ending I wanted wouldn’t have been compelling in the slightest.. 

One Of Us Is Lying – Felt like I was pounding through pages, but barely making a dent. Then, suddenly, I was on to the final pages of this high school murder mystery. Would recommend if you’re looking for an easy read and appreciate teenage drama.


0 comments:

Post a Comment