January 25, 2019

10.18

October was a month of change and transition – both good things. At the beginning of 2018, I set a few personal and professional intentions. On the career list, I wanted to ask for a raise, and find and apply for a new position. Check. On the personal list, I wanted to find a space that suits me. Check. It may have taken longer than I would have liked or expected, but I'm so happy I took the time to write those intentions down and let them manifest into the universe.




October 2018


NEW JOB
On October 1, I officially started in my new role. The transition period was pretty long, but it was well worth the wait. I am so happy to have a more focused role, and a small-but-mighty team to work alongside with.

NEW HOME
I also moved in to a new house! I'm still renting but having my own space (and no one stomping around above me) has been life changing. I love the natural light and am learning to love all the quirks of living in an older home (creaky floors, door knobs that get stuck or fall off - the yoozh). It's like a few little secrets the house and I are in on together.

Family in kc
My family also came to visit in early October. My mom ended up getting sick and stayed at home, but we still had a fun weekend. I got to see Donna's semi-pregnant belly, and hear about all the planning that's involved for expecting a little nugget.

We grabbed food at some of our favorite spots (Lidia's, Taco Republic, Q39, and Brown and Loe) and drinks at Tom's Town and Boulevard. The weather was pretty decent so we walked around the West Bottoms and popped in and out of some of the warehouses.

GENDER REVEAL
Later in the month Tommy and I traveled to Naperville to be there for the gender reveal party. Everyone (including me) assumed it would be a little girl, but we were all surprised (and still ecstatic) when those confetti poppers popped out blue glitter. I can't wait to be an auntie to that sweet boy!

BOOKS
Made in America – I picked up this one after briefly hearing Sam Walton discussed on one of my regular podcasts. I figured it would be fitting as I started my new role supporting the retail business, and was charmed by Sam and his passion for merchandising.

The Girl Before – Another thriller that kept me guessing. And also kept me wondering what type of people would be ok with filling out that type of rental application (face palm).





0 comments:

Post a Comment